Friday, June 27, 2008

A Day In The Life Of A Real Live Lesbian...



whose girlfriend has a big boat. It's one of the things that got her noticed by me. Cute girls and big boats really turn on my flirtatious nature!

Yesterday, after work, I met her at the dock for an afternoon on the lake.

We head out to our favorite spot, that we call Turt Cove. We always see turtles over there. Small turtles. The cute size. Sometimes a duck or two.

As it got warmer up on the sun pads, we headed to the back platform to jump in. We settle in on our rafts. Then my girl shrieks. (FYI: not her style) She's just seen a huge turtle. Of prehistoric size swimming with us.

I'm not losing a toe to some gigantic snapping turtle. Out of the lake we scramble to lie in the sun some more.

I had promised a friend that I'd swim for 15 minutes yesterday at the lake. Just to get my cardio in. Fifteen minutes should be a BREEZE! But we've just encountered Gigantaturt and I'm feeling lazy. I look over at her and say, "Instead of swimming, let's just go for a walk when we get home, ok?"

Out of nowhere, a duck and her eight ducklings swim up. Cool! We get them some chips (not my soy chips) and start tossing. All nine ducks are quacking softly and grabbing the chips. Then a turtle comes up to eat. Then two more turtles. Then a school of bream. Geez Louise, everybody's hungry here in Turt Cove! I start tossing in my healthy snack of cut up watermelon. Turtles LOVE watermelon!

Responding to my earlier bout of laziness, my girl says, "I think you should swim...plus, your raft is floating away to the middle of the lake. Looks like a good time to get that cardio in!"

Dammitalltohell! Off I swim to retrieve my fancy dancy float, while the turtles were otherwise engaged with watermelon.

I'm happy to report back today with all phalanges in place. It was so much fun! I wish you all could have gone with us!

22 comments:

Leighann said...

You always do the coolest stuff!

Jay said...

Cool boat. I've seen some pretty decent sized turtles at the lake and even down at the creek. They're actually a little intimidating when they get big like that. I'm also always on the lookout for snakes. *shudder*

Dana said...

I just knew you were going to post about this today and now I have boat envy!

You know, I clicked and clicked on that boat picture, hoping to see the bathing beauty picture, but it never worked for me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun. I am jealous!

Biscuit said...

I want to come! That sounds heavenly!

Karen said...

Nice boat, but I would be scared to death of turtles. You are a braver lady than me.

Mike said...

If it was eating watermelon it wasn't a snapping turtle.

Those things are mean, and meat eating.

Also, they look like something that should be battling godzilla.

Even my dog doesn't want to torture them.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

If I ever need to distract some toe-crunching turtles, I know what to do, now!!

Spiky Zora Jones said...

A BOAT! (raises hand) I want to go. I have my bags packed. Let me see...sunglasses, sun hat, bikini, coppertone...vodka. Yep, I'm packed and ready to come aboard, captain.

Hey, I'll bring along my turtle soup recipe.

ciao babes...you had a wonderful time...and you made me smile sharing your experience. :D

Fortune Cookies said...

Nice Boat! Who knew turtles liked watermelon? Good to know... good to know.

Dianne said...

It all sounds so perfect. I love the name Gigantaturt lol

and the feeding frenzy sounds like lots of fun animal watching.

Certain Magician said...

Yeah, that looks like fun! I'm thinking of placing a personal add now for a single lesbian with long legs and a great big boat, other accessories optional.

Ken said...

That is a nice floating toy. Turn the key and go have fun.
A few times I wish I had a boat like that, instead of my old Malihini. But we got plans for her.
The Great Loop.

Akelamalu said...

WOW I've heard of swimming with dolphins but not turtles!

Anonymous said...

Cute girls with big boats turn me on too! LOL!

comfortandjoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
comfortandjoy said...

Do y'all have alligator-gar up there?

We have these
in the lakes down here.

Now that is something to run away from.

CJ

Lu' said...

Ya know, I was envious at the picture of the boat and then you threw in turtles, ducks and ducklings, I dig me them thar critters. I of course thought you were going to say that the turtles came up and ate one of the ducklings. Glad that didn't happen. Oh, were you skinny dipping? *wink*

Brad said...

I just knew I recognized you from Dating School!

Anndi said...

I'm skeered of the snapping turtles. But I could handle lounging on boat, yes I could!

Jon said...

one word... "rotate"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun, and I really wish you would have snapped a picture of that HUGE turtle....I'm just nosey like that;) LOL