Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm Sad


One of our employees who's from Mexico is going home. For good. I'm going to miss him.

In the beginning he spoke very little English. That was eons ago. Now, he's fluent. And for all of this time, he's been trying to teach me Spanish. I've failed miserably.

That's how we became friends. I 'hola' him, because we're a family business and he's like family.

I'm gonna miss him. Say a prayer or think a happy thought as he takes a 36 hour bus ride home to San Luis Potosi. It'll be tough, but I bet it's been tougher being away from his grandchildren.

Buen Viaje, Roga!

11 comments:

Leah said...

I stumbled across your blog and really love it!

Just wanted to say sorry about your friend. That's really tough. I always hate goodbyes.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I wish him well...

SkylersDad said...

Fair winds and following seas Roga

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Adios, amigo. I hope they have internet connection where he's going so you can keep in touch.

Mike Golch said...

I wish him well and God speed.

Anonymous said...

Wow 36 hours, long bus ride with stiffness and muscle cramps.

Secretia (Secret Story Time)

Anonymous said...

36 hours! wow!

Scarlet said...

That's tough, but I'm glad your paths crossed; sounds like you're both better for it...and don't worry, Chica, I'll teach you Spanish!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog. LOVE IT!! Here's to keeping it real! Hugs, Tammy

Dana said...

I hope he made it safely!

Unknown said...

That is one long bus ride. Why did he have to leave? I know you'll miss him and hopefully you can keep in touch.