Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Grace and Generosity


~*~*~

Another guest post by Dana


~*~

One of the things I love about the holiday season (loosely defined as the week before Thanksgiving through the New Year) is the abundance of grace and generosity.

It seems that, with few exceptions, grace and generosity become almost common place during the holiday season.

People give, unconditionally, to others - even strangers.

Judgment is replaced with empathy.

People think of others a little more, and themselves a little less.

I hate to see it end.

What a different place this world would be if, for the other 46 weeks of the year, we practiced grace and generosity just a fraction as much as we do during the holiday season.

~*~*~

7 comments:

Jay said...

It's not my style to be cynical about these things, but I kind of think people talk a good game during the holidays, but most don't really act any differently.

Mike said...

It would be nice to win the lottery too. But only if it was over 100 million. I wouldn't want the hassle of anything smaller.

Another Suburban Mom said...

I try to be kind all year round, but sometimes I just feel the need to smack people.

However there is something about the holidays that make it easier to be nice. Maybe its because we are all in a sugar haze from Halloween on.

SkylersDad said...

I tend to agree with Jay.

lynette355 said...

you said it sister!

J.J. in L.A. said...

It would be nice if it was year-round but once people stop looking, (almost) everyone goes back to being jerks.

For myself, I try to play fair all year, but screw with me and all bets are off. lol!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Excellent post

Happy New Year Ms. RLL