Monday, December 20, 2010

FROZEN Sardines in NYC!

Okay, first off...DAMN it's cold up there! But after you get past that, it was wonderful. Thanks to Vinny, we had the best pizza in the city at John's!


We saw Wicked and Jersey Boys on Broadway, where my Southern Belle Mom learned some new words. And she loved it even though it had some "language" in it.

We rode for an hour in a horse and carriage in Central Park and for thankfully few minutes from Broadway back to the hotel in that bike contraption up there. We asked him 14 times, "Are you SURE we can all fit in there?" "YES, just turn your knees out, and you scrunch in" and poof we were in there under a nice warm blanket with a heated seat! That dude had to be sore the next day after hauling us around!

We bought staggeringly expensive matching Christmas ornaments on 5th Avenue. Talked to tons of super sweet cops and natives for good eating places and directions. Honestly, I didn't meet the first rude New Yorker. Everyone was beyond nice and as friendly as they could be!

But most of all, I'm so grateful that I could make a dream of my Mom's come true. She's always wanted to go to New York for Christmas!

P.S. I'm lucky that I have the best bosses in the world that said, "GO! Take her and take off as long as you need." They paid me even though I was out of vacation time, bonused me triple what my old job would have, gave me the next two weeks off AND told me that they LOVE me and are grateful that I work for THEM! Wow, am I blessed!


8 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

I have lived here for 25 years and in my experience there are no rude new yorkers only rude tourists who think they have to "act the act" - glad you went to Johns and you should also go to Carmines for big plates of pasta - the list of restaurants is only limited to what part of town you want to visit...

J.J. in L.A. said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I went many moons ago with 40 relatives from CT on a chartered bus. Grr! lol! But you're right, the NY'ers were wonderful!

Btw, does your company have an office in L.A.??? ; )

Grant said...

As I sit here in my cubicle, debating whether to work Friday or take the day off without pay, please know that I hate you. :p

nitebyrd said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time. YAY! You've got some damn good bosses. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

YAY you made it to John's...I hope you shipped me a pie from there...you didn't? waaaaaaa

LOL

Merry Christmas to you and yours

SkylersDad said...

Sounds like a great time, glad you had fun!

Real Live Lesbian said...

We DID go to Carmine's! Had the chicken scallopine, which would have fed half of an army! It was heavenly!!!!

LilliGirl said...

I love it there. You are blessed I am so glad you got to take her and hope your bosses enjoy the joy they gave at Christmas. :)