Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Roscoe

Today, I ran out to grab lunch for the work crew. I pull into Arby's, order, drive up to the window and there's a dog lying in the drive-thru lane. RIGHT in front of me. Just one car length up...as if he had to wait on his fresh, hot fries to come out.


Jokingly, I said, "Did I win a free dog?" thinking that he had been dropped off and left to fend for himself.

"Oh, that's just Roscoe he lives up in the subdivision." Then he yells towards the back, "HEY, Roscoe's here."

"He comes by every once in a while and we give him some Roast Beef and Au Jus."

I watched as I waited on our order. The manager immediately walked out with two bowls of roast beef. Roscoe got up from the drive-thru and walked over to the grass to enjoy his lunch.

Nicely done, Roscoe. Way to train some folks!

9 comments:

Jay said...

Old Roscoe is pretty smart. And it sounds like he's got it made.

nitebyrd said...

And people think cats are so smart! Cats got nothin' on Roscoe!

Ken said...

I knew a sheep dog Maggie, that my friends after moving into a small cabin on a river back behind a mountain tourist town didn't have to feed her but one or two days a week. She had a restaurant route that she made everyday.

Anonymous said...

Cool story! Roscoe sound like the top dog around there. When I was a kid, my neighbour used to feed my cat and I couldn't understand why she was always disappearing at certain times of the day. The neighbour was an old, lonely woman, so it made me happy to know that feeding my cat gave her some companionship in a small way. - G

Mike Golch said...

Now that is one smart dog!

Nolens Volens said...

LOL That's a smart observation.

SkylersDad said...

Well done boy!

Loz said...

What is an Arby's?

lynette355 said...

can I lay in their drive thru?????