Friday, October 28, 2011

They didn't even have gravy...


You may have missed that I spent a few weeks in Turkey. Right before the PKK events of late and the earthquake in the town of Van. I stayed in that town. Please send up a prayer for those people. The one thing that I always come back with is that wherever you go, people are just people.

We're travelers, not tourists. We go down the back roads and buy from old ladies selling dirty grapes. Sat with the men drinking tea in the middle of the day. We drank a lot of tea. We shook so many hands, that I started calling my uncle, The Senator.

I missed my new puppy, who is still very much so. And everywhere I looked, there she was! We thought she was a pure bred Tennessee Brown Dog, but no. She may not be a pure bred Turkish Kangal or Anatolian Shepherd. But she is certainly related. She's just not as tired from herding sheep all day. She's more of a "catch rain in my snoot" kind of girl.


I have lots of stories that I'm itching to tell. And little time to tell them. But I did want to pop in and say hello, is it me you're looking for?

5 comments:

Cloudia said...

THERE you are!



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

nitebyrd said...

Nice to see you back, even if it's only for a moment.

Your puppy is a sweetie!

CheekyMonkey said...

Yes, yes it is you that I'm looking for...

I'm With Stupid said...

Holaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Jay

Jeanne Estridge said...

Is she gray or brown?